Link to Friday's Fave Five
1. Last night we had supper with dear friends. Always nice to see them and talk over things with them!!
2. Their daughter is making cupcakes for Andrew's wedding. Yesterday she brought us a sneak preview. Delicious and beautiful!
3. For Mother's Day, my children went together and bought me a new hand mixer (much needed and appreciated) and a bouquet of flowers. Mary Lee brought the mixer to Sunday lunch. Andrew was out of town on Sunday, so he brought the flowers Friday night instead. He said all the Mother's Day cards were "sappy," so he got this one for the bouquet instead:
4. All my senior classwork is done, graded, averaged, and turned in. It makes for a nice week to have the extra break from when their class hour met. They are a bright and enthusiastic class and will be missed.
5. And finally, a funny: One student in the senior class (the kind who is going to graduate "magna cum lucky") :-) told another teacher "Well, I think I might miss Mrs. Bailes." The other teacher told us that at lunch, and since the boy really, really didn't like English class, we all got a chuckle out of it. Yesterday she came into my room and said "I didn't tell you the whole story. What he really said was - 'That Mrs. Bailes. I'm gonna miss that ol' lady.'" Kinda puts a different spin on it!! Yep - Me, the ol' lady!!