Monday, May 23, 2016

Table Decorations

I'm not much of a flower arranger, or table decorator, or very much of a decor person in general.  So planning for this rehearsal dinner in ten days was a bit of a challenge.  Since it will be a Hawaiian theme, color was the main concern.  Well, about two weeks ago, I found sixteen bouquets like this one, at a yard sale, for fifty cents apiece!  Not bad!  That was eight bucks for all of them - and they had tags inside that said the original owner purchased each for $15--which comes to $240 for all of them together.  And they looked like new.

The problem was - they were too high to put in the middle of the tables, for people to see over the top easily.  And I wanted more color than just orange and yellow.
So I invested in about $25 worth of more silk flowers at Hobby Lobby.  (Half price.  But I would not have spent what they were asking at full price.)  I got blue, purple, teal, and pink.  And yesterday and today, I've been pulling out flowers, replacing them, and pushing the ones in there down further to make the bouquets shorter.  It's really gone more easily than I expected.

And these are the final centerpieces.  I will add leis from Party City, and some kind of grass mat underneath.  At least that is the plan.  Hopefully I will remember to take a picture of the final tables before they get used.  Not bad -- sixteen centerpieces for $33.

1 comment:

Barbara H. said...

Wow, what a good deal, and at just the right time! I love your additions - the colors look great and the extras make it look fuller.