LINK to Friday's Fave Five Host Blog
1. Beautiful rehearsal & rehearsal dinner last night. We pulled it off with LOTS of help. My dear friend helped me cook and set up yesterday; my sister and her friend got everything done while we were at the rehearsal; some former students and the mom of one of them did serving and cleanup help. My own mother made the delicious brownies for the dessert (we added ice cream and hot fudge sauce). And the father of the bride made delicious Hawaiian barbecue for the meal.
And--somehow I got NO pics. How does that happen?
2. Everything so far has gone very smoothly. I've got a lot of things on my mind but do not feel stressed.
3. Went to three showers this week - two for my son and his fiancé, and a baby shower for a lady at church. Enjoyable to party for other people. :-)
4. Earlier this week I heard on a birding list that there is a scissor-tailed flycatcher about 20 miles from here. That is WAY out of range. The last time I saw them was at my sister's house in Dallas (which is in the middle of their range).
This is what one looks like - Not my picture; I pulled it off the internet. (Getting a nice camera with a good zoom is next on my list. Might take awhile.) And when this bird flies, it really looks like the tail is "scissoring." A nice find.
5. We also got a close-up view of a red-headed woodpecker. I do believe that that is my favorite bird - probably because black and red are my two favorite colors.
That's it - it's wedding time now!!