LINK to Friday's Fave Five host blog
1. Last Sunday my dear friend and I took off for Savannah on a 3-day trip. We got a good deal for a hotel right on the river. This was our view! Watching the cargo ships go by was really a treat-- Sometimes it seemed like they were going to come right into our room.
Another view from our room without the cargo ship in view. The bridge in the background was beautiful also.
2. We took a trolley ride - the only way to see Savannah if you've never been. Well worth the money. And then later in the afternoon we took a river cruise, up to the port and down the river almost to the mouth of the ocean. This pic is from the deck of the boat with our hotel in the background.
3. And you can't go to Savannah without driving out to Tybee Island. This is one of my favorite spots there -- it's not really visible in this picture, but this beach is on the south edge, right where one of the many rivers meets the ocean. It is a beautiful sight, and different from just seeing ocean.
4. Safe trip back after a couple of great days.
5. On Thursday morning, when Mike was off, we got up and went out to a new place to look at some of the birds. We saw at least a dozen great egrets, as well as an unusual new bird - a little blue heron that is changing from a juvenile to an adult. Those are usually found at the coast, and not in our parts, so eBird flagged it as a rarity. Then this morning we returned there and took my mom also. I got this pic with my new camera at quite a distance.
|A Little Blue Heron|