LINK to Friday's Fave Five host blog
1. Working on camera distance shots - Tuesday morning Mike and I got up early and went to a couple of our nature "haunts"--and I got to try out my new camera. I probably need to work a little more on closer shots first, but these were taken with the 40x zoom at a couple of locations nearby. The redheaded woodpecker shot is my favorite - and unfortunately could have been even better because there were TWO of them, just a couple of posts apart, but just keeping the camera steady to get a picture of one of them was difficult enough.
2. A family dinner. Son and new wife, and my folks, were here for a summer supper Tuesday night. Chicken on the grill and lots of fresh vegetables. I love summer food.
3. A cool house on a hot day. More important than it may seem!! Our temps have been in the 90s all week and today are predicted to be close to 100.
4. Ebay. I'm not a big seller, but just keep an eye out for textbooks that can be purchased mainly by homeschoolers. It's a way to keep my personal Paypal built up for my own "fun money" and purchases. I have a lot of textbooks - collected from various sources - but, surprisingly, they haven't been selling very well. Usually new workbooks, that match various high school textbooks, sell like hotcakes, but it's been slow. I surmised that maybe after the 4th of July holiday it would pick up, and it has. Been selling about one set per day. And the Paypal is building up!!
5. My sister, who has been job-searching for several months, got an offer this week that she is happy about and has accepted. I am happy for her!!