LINK to Friday's Fave Five host blog
1. Husband is a happy man - he got a 150-lb., 8-point buck on the opening morning of deer season. Plus he's been seeing some deer in our back yard. That really makes him a happy man.
2. A really fun day in sophomore English. (I've got pictures, but am not supposed to post pics of identifiable students on personal social media.) We finished Julius Caesar and celebrated with a lunch on the stage of our cafetorium. We ate Little Caesar's pizza, Caesar salad, and Italian creme cake, and drank grape juice. They all brought sheets that they made into "togas" for the occasion. And most of this was their idea!! Very creative class.
3. A new flower bed out by the road. Mike pulled out an old plant that hasn't done well for years, moved rocks, added railroad ties, soil, and mulch, and bought and planted pansies. When he takes on a project - he does it right.
4. We went to see Sully last Saturday. Good movie. The NTSB (National Transportation Safety Board) is portrayed as being heavy handed, but nevertheless, it is a feel-good movie that has very little in the way of objectionable elements. A couple of words here and there, but not much. We had an enjoyable afternoon.
5. Son is OK after being bucked off a horse last Sunday. It could have been really bad, but after one uncomfortable night he is doing fine. He may have a slightly cracked rib, but there is nothing that can be done for that anyway. We're glad it was not worse.