Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Immortality?

It's a new week.  It's easy to wonder - what will this week bring?

So far - it's brought one of those "Mom, I don't want to worry you, but..." phone calls.  Turns out son got himself bucked off of a horse.  Fortunately he feels much better today.

This morning brought this announcement on the intercom.  Part of the morning devotional said "God has given us immortality". . . but the girl who read it said - you guessed it - "God has given us immorality."

Later in the day, I was teaching another class, when I got off track and wandered so far away that I couldn't figure out what the purpose of the tangent was.  (Maybe there was no purpose...)  Whereupon a young man known for his wit says "Don't worry, we'll see that we get you into an Alzheimer's unit somewhere with good ventilation."

2 comments:

Barbara H. said...

Thanks for the smiles. Glad your son is feeling better.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Ha - I totally understand this post - being a teacher myself. Glad other teachers have days like this! ;-)Enjoy what's left of the week.