Friday, July 7, 2017

Friday's Fave Five, 7/7/17

LINK to Friday's Fave Host Blog

1. I realize that this is not very exciting, but having been washer-less and dryer-less for three weeks, the delivery of these beauties yesterday was a definite high point of the week.

2. Our kitchen is slowly coming together.  The new tile floor has definitely lightened things up.  Furniture placement is not exactly right yet, but we are getting there!

3. I've been enjoying this summer treat all week.  I got a baker's dozen at the Farmer's Market last Saturday, and it is great.  I'm contemplating getting two dozen this week and making creamed corn for when I entertain daughter's future in-laws this next week.  Creamed corn is a labor of love, but oh, so good.

4. We are going out to eat with dear friends this evening.  That is always on the favorites list!!

and finally,

5. We have a wedding next week!  Next Friday is the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, and Saturday is the big day.  My sister and I may be attempting a pretty fruit centerpiece for the reception; if it works, I will post a picture.  Next week will be full of things to do.  A FFF may not be on the horizon until the following week.

5 comments:

Karen said...

A washer and dryer would certainly be at the top of my list, too. Your tile is sure pretty. I've never made cream corn, but saw a recipe on a recent cooking show. I'll bet it's delicious.

Barbara H. said...

I didn't realize the wedding was coming up so soon! A busy week indeed. No fun being without a washer and dryer - glad yours came in, and the kitchen flooring is coming along nicely. Love fresh corn on the cob! And dinners with friends!

Willow said...

A washer and dryer is a true fave. (I remember literally kissing the automatic washer in our home after we returned from Indonesia!)
I am so happy for your daughter (and future son-in-law) and your whole family. What a blessing! Congratulations to them!
Yum--on anything with fresh corn from the farmers market!

Susan @ FruitfulWords said...

Going out to eat with friends is a fave for me, too.
I hope your week is fun and relatively stressless as you come up to the wedding.
Creamed corn? Yummmmmm.
So glad your home is coming together.

Susanne said...

Appliances that make my work easier are always a favorite! Your kitchen floor looks great! That corn looks yummy, can hardly wait for it's season to start here!