Friday, October 20, 2017

Friday's Fave Five, 10-20-17


LINK to Friday's Fave Five host blog

1. Went to the grocery store this morning, which is a much bigger deal than it used to be!  Mike went along to carry anything heavy and to haul bags around.  But I got what was needed without being too exhausted in the store.  It's time to get moving a little - I only have two weeks left before going back to work.

My dad took me to a couple of doctor appointments this week.  That was a big help as well--so I am getting out more and more.
2. Yet another week of great help and support from family and friends.  I don't think we've had to "scrounge" for supper more than a night or two in the past month.  We had more good suppers provided again this week.

3. I am so pleased to have a wonderful substitute during this six weeks of absence from school.  I can relax much more knowing that things are being taken care of with my classes.  

4. This week's finished blanket.  It's made entirely with the yarn that has a metallic thread running through it.  I thought I would really enjoy working with that, but it wasn't to be.  The black in particular is difficult to see and work with, and for some reason the metallic strip makes it harder.  But I did think the colors were nice.  They are small blankets and they are going to a group that has places where they distribute these smaller ones.  I am enjoying having more time to work with yarn during this forced time aside.

5. Enjoying our porch.  We have not been able to use the porch over the years as much as expected.  The springtime brings with it so much pollen that keeping the porch clean is impractical.  And the summers are so beastly hot.  However, the temps are going down, and with this beautiful fall weather, we are now going out there more.  Mike vacuumed the floor and I wiped down the tables.  It's perfect for reading in the afternoon.



5 comments:

Barbara H. said...

My youngest son went with me the first couple of times I went to the store, too - such a help. As nice as it is to have other people do it, sometimes you just want to do it yourself - I always think of things there I didn't have on my list.

Yay for help and food and good subs and time to knit and read!

Faith said...

Getting a good qualified sub can be tough...praise God you have one!!

so thankful you have a lof of family and friend support...so important.

and nothing beats time to read on a cozy porch...yours looks like a family room!! NICE!

happy weekend!

Willow said...

Your covered porch looks like the perfect place to spend your autumn hours. If you have to be convalescing, it's a good time and place.
I'm glad you have had so much help--especially for the yummy dinners.

Schotzy said...

It is wonderful to be blessed by great friends and family when things get hard... hope things will soon be back to normal.. IN the meantime take full advantage for your gorgeous porch during this season..!!!

Susanne said...

It's nice that you don't have to worry about your job and can focus on getting well from the surgery. Love your covered porch.