Friday, October 13, 2017

Friday's Fave Five - 10-13-17

LINK to Friday's Fave Five host blog

1. Doing a little better every day, after surgery 2 1/2 weeks ago.  Actually, it's more like two steps forward, one step back.  But I am learning that the admonition to take it easy, and rest, rest, rest, is not just a suggestion.  It is an absolute necessity.

2. Many kindnesses from many people.  Friends, family, Sunday school class - Many have brought us food.  My mom has shopped for us.  Dad is taking me to dr. appointments (two surgeries - two doctors).  

3. A huge kindness worthy of its own mention:  Our neighbor is, as I write this, outside cutting our grass.  He cut it the first time the day I was in surgery, and this is now the third time he's cut it.  It's a huge help, since Mike still can't cut it due to his own shoulder issues.  We are so grateful for his help.

4. The students have been very kind.  This banner was made by the students at school.  It's not visible, but all the students signed it.  We've put it in front of the fireplace (not needed in our ridiculous 90 degree October heat) where I can enjoy their kind gesture every day.
The fifth grade teacher came to visit and brought student-made cards.  This one is too funny.  Apparently the teacher told the students that we are Carolina Gamecock fans--and we live in the middle of Clemson territory, so not everyone agrees.  One little girl wrote this to me.  Brings a smile every time I look at it.
5. Finally - I finished this last night.  The stitch makes a beautiful blanket; however, I won't use it too often because it requires so much weaving in of cut yarn threads if it's done in such a way to make it pretty.  Next time I would leave out the purple and beige, and just stick to green, yellow, white, and the two blue shades.  Who knows - maybe I will try it again.


5 comments:

Barbara H. said...

It seems like medical recoveries always have that back and forth progress to them, but I am glad the general trend is toward improvement. What a blessing to have so much help and support.

Wendy said...

Well I'm glad you are moving in the right direction with recovery and hopefully not getting too frustrated. Good to have such helpful neighbours and family. That blanket stitch looks pretty but sewing in ends is a pain. Keep following the take it easy advice.

Faith said...

so glad your health is improving and yes..lrest is so important!

it sounds like you have a wonderful support system and your students were very thoughtful.

ya lost me on Gamecocks and Clemson....I have NO idea what that is! Hahaha

Willow said...

What sweet cards and notes from all the students! It's obvious that you are loved and appreciated by (almost) everyone. I just had to laugh about the note from the Clemson fan :) (Here it is UCLA vs USC)

Yes, rest is imperative to a speedier recovery. Be a good girl! I'm glad you're getting so much help.

Susanne said...

Glad to hear that you are improving and coming along in your recovery. Sometimes the hardest thing to do is rest and take it easy when you start to feel a bit better. Wonderful blessing your neighbor is.