Saturday, May 26, 2018

Friday's Fave Five, 5/26/18 - a day late~~

LINK to Friday's Fave Five

Big shock - Blogger let me on this morning!!  It has been three months since something happened, I don't know what, and I could not log on.  I have opened a WordPress account but had no time to learn how to use it.  But if I can continue to use Blogger, I prefer it.  So - even though this is a day late, here is a Friday's Fave Five!!

1. School is over.  Finished.  Done.  I have never been as tired at the end of the school year as this year - a combination of having major surgery during the year, having to add a sixth class due to the loss of a teacher, and extra activities at the end of the year.  It may take me a few days this year to get energy back.  But school is done!!

2. Because of barely making it to the finish line, I have had neither the time nor the energy to make strawberry jam this spring, and berries are about over here in the southeast.  But my mother bought, hulled, mashed, measured out, and froze the exact amounts for me to make three batches now that the school year is done.  I appreciate that so much.  My family thinks the world has come to an end if I don't have strawberry jam in the freezer; plus, it makes great small gifts.  So now all are happy.  

3. Mike is doing much better.  Two weeks ago he caught a bad cold; he was improving daily when he got very sick, very fast.  Fever (unheard of for him), wheezing, crackles, short of breath even without exertion.  I took him to the urgent care that night, where the doctor called it a bad bronchitis.  Based on his symptoms, and the fact that these things may not show up on x-ray right away, another doctor said it was pneumonia.  Either way, he was very sick, and it's great to see him up and around.  His shoulder is also improving greatly.

4. A new tropical bird.  We went to see a rare bird reported in the area that usually doesn't make its way further than Miami, Florida.  It was exactly in the location reported, and we got to see it.

5. Yesterday Mike had a doctor's appointment in Greenville, and we ate lunch at a new restaurant for us, Tupelo Honey.  It's called upscale southern cuisine.  Very good and a very nice lunch.
It's nice to be back!!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Glad you were able to get back. Computer glitches can be so annoying. I know the end of school year feeling but now I'm retired everyday is a holiday and I don't miss that exhausted worn out time of year. How nice that your Mum helped sort the jam problem! Sorry to hear your hubby was unwell. Hope he continues to improve. Enjoy the long weekend.

Barbara H. said...

Yay for the end of the school year! How nice to have all the prep work done for the jam. Glad Mike is doing better and I hope he continues to improve. I've heard of Tupelo Honey but never been to one.

Willow said...

I'm glad you're back on blogger! I'd missed your FFFs.
You really have had a year--I remember so well that feeling of being DONE with the school year. "Yay" doesn't really convey the relief :)
I hope your hubby continues to improve and stays well.

rk2 said...

Glad you are back. I've heard of Tupelo Honey and would love to try it.