LINK to Friday's Fave Five Host Blog
1. As I type, I can hear the wonderful sound outdoors of the man who is pressure cleaning our driveway, sidewalk, and porch. I've been wanting to get this done for a long time. It is a great sound!!
2. We've been using the porch a lot this week. It's the perfect place for early morning reading. So glad we got it cleaned up so that it is usable again.
3. Yesterday I got some needed items at a bookstore in a nearby town, and then we went to eat at Mike's favorite place. Afterward, he asked if I wanted dessert. Well, we were near the Cheesecake Factory that opened a year or two ago - we have never been, so I suggested going there. Wow. Two pieces of cheesecake there are one too many. Sorry that this shows the desserts half-eaten - I should have taken the pic before starting in. However - they were delicious. Mike had red velvet, and I had caramel turtle fudge. Those were two of about 30 choices!! I see why the Cheesecake Factory is such a phenomenon.
4. Mike has been teaching a four-week course at our church on Spiritual Warfare. He studied very, very hard for each Wednesday night session, and he really did a good job. This Wednesday was the final class. It was a great experience, but I think he's glad it's done. He puts a lot of pressure on himself to do a good job. I was proud of him!
5. Finally - a bird shot from this week. Prairie Warbler, singing on a limb on a rural road near our home.