Friday, October 18, 2019

Friday's Fave Five, 10-18-19

LINK to Friday's Fave Five Host Blog 

 1. The five chairs above - I got all five for $40 at a yard sale last Saturday.  Just what we need for our property - the outdoor chairs that the previous owner left for us on the porch area were worn out and somewhat nasty.  My only problem was that Mike was off hunting for the weekend - I couldn't get them in my car.  So I called Andrew, who was working, but he let me borrow his truck.  I sort of enjoyed driving around town in his truck!

I was sitting in the parking lot of a store that was not opened yet, when I was texting Andrew.  I was texting him using Siri, and forgot to say "Text Andrew" before saying "I've decided not to wait."  Siri answered "Fine!"  Weird feeling, but funny, to have a non-person answer me.

2. Another piece of furniture.  Mike bought this today - I haven't even seen it yet.  We got it for $40 also.  Mike says it is very solid and nice, and perfect for the cabin.  Again, the one left there for us is worn out.  I feel like I'm getting up off the floor when getting up out of the old love seat.  So this will be very nice to have there.

 3. BUG PROJECTS are done as of today.  I finished grading them this afternoon.  It's a big deal at our school - students not only collect and identify bugs, but also put the bugs on themed boards.  The winner made a "beach party."  They all did good jobs on their projects.


4. This was my salad last Sunday night.  I thought it looked pretty nice.  It definitely tasted good!

5. Wonderful, beautiful, cool fall weather!!!  Two weeks ago we were in the 90s.  We are loving it.

6 comments:

Barbara H. said...

I'm loving this cool weather, too. Nice deal on the chairs and loveseat! My husband likes Alexa (I could live without it....), and we get surprise comments from it, too. Funny sometimes, creepy others. What a creative way to do bug displays.

Faith said...

That's a yummy looking salad!

Nice price for all that furniture!!

I love autumn and we are having a nice mild one here in the north east!! ( in eastern NY anyways as well as Vermont and NH).

Happy weekend!!

Wendy said...

Great bargains on the furniture and very handy to have a son with a truck! Salad looks yummy. Enjoy your weekend.

Karen said...

Such a great deal on the patio furniture! I like the look of it, and the overstuffed chair as well. I always loved doing school projects -- for myself and with my kids.

Willow said...

I love reading your enthusiasm over your country property. Those chairs and the stuffed chair are going to be perfect there! And you got them all for a good price.
What a great idea to collect and learn about the bugs. It makes us appreciate their contributions to nature.
Enjoy the weekend!

Susanne said...

Wow, those bug projects really look detailed. Those chairs are great and a steal of a deal. Siri made me laugh with "her" answer to you.