Sunday, March 22, 2020

Fierce Women

Fierce Women: The Power of a Soft Warrior (True Woman)Fierce Women: The Power of a Soft Warrior by Kimberly Wagner
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Most of this book includes great information that is desperately needed today. Most of the book is about how women should be treating their husbands. The author's detailed acronym of APPRECIATION should be helpful and convicting to many wives - and is the best part of the book. It reveals truths that are simply not known by many women today (probably because of the feminist movement's subtle impact in our lives) and which need to be practiced to encourage husbands to be the leaders they should be.

The package here was not the best. The "fierce" theme didn't really fit the material in my opinion. The book is really for wives, not women in general. (One page at the end addressing single women is not enough to market this book to all women.) And the word "fierce," though having a legitimate meaning of "showing a heartfelt intensity," has a strong connotation, from its primary definition, of being angry and mean. I thought that tenacious, or determined, might have been a better theme word.

I also felt that the author was consumed with self in the text. Obviously a first-person book is going to have references to self; however, the book is full of wording such as this: "Please bear with me while I get a little personal with you. I've got some tough questions and I hope you'll receive this section as it's intended--I want you to. . ." etc. This book would have been better if the author had not made it so much about herself.

But - again - the information about how to treat husbands is good.


View all my reviews

1 comment:

Barbara Harper said...

Apparently I have this in my Kindle app, but had forgotten about it. I admit "fierce" doesn't describe how I want to be. I don't remember if I got this because someone recommended it or I saw it on a Kindle sale. Hope to get to it some day and compare notes.