Friday, June 25, 2021

Friday's Fave Five, 6-25-2021

LINK to Friday's Fave Five host blog

1.  An arrowhead.  Mike found this beautiful arrowhead while walking at our farm yesterday.  It's beautiful white quartz, and is a first for our finds there. 


2. This view from our farm (not our horses - they belong to the neighbor) makes my heart happy.


3. A morning spent helping Mike cut brush!!  We have a vehicle for getting down in the woods but the brush needed to be trimmed first.  So yours truly turned into a brush cutter.  Not in my usual playbook but I tried to help!

4. A new recipe.  I've made this several times and love it.  It's low carb/good carb and is delicious.  The prosciutto does not need to be added, and I used shredded parmesan from a bag, instead of the "pecorino romano" which is a bit too sophisticated for me!  But it was very good and nice to add to the repertoire.




5. A good report yesterday at the doctor's office - blood pressure in normal ranges and an A1C of 6.4!  That was a surprise because I have been a little more "generous" in carb choices in the last few months.  But I suspect that swearing completely off sugared drinks/juices, potatoes, pasta, rice, and any bread except rye is keeping things in check.

Happy summer weekend!!

5 comments:

Barbara Harper said...

What a nice view from your farm! I'm sure Mike appreciated the help cutting brush. Yay for the good report from the dr.!

Willow said...

Love your farm view! And that arrowhead! Wow! What a find!
Hurray on the good health report. Keep it up :)

Faith said...

Praise God for the good medical report. I LOVE using white beans in recipes. SO good and a great source of protein...no meat needed!!

LOVE the horses/view.

I used to help my daddy cut brush when i was about 10-12 at our mountain camp. I kind of miss those days! I'm sure your husband appreciated the help.

Happy Weekend!!

Wendy said...

Love your view. Great news on the health report. Hope it stays that way. Have a good weekend.

Susanne said...

A good doctor report is always a fave. Glad to hear it was that for you! That arrowhead is lovely. I don't think I've ever seen one like that. Great find! That recipe looks delicious!