Friday, July 16, 2021

Friday's Fave Five, 7/16/2021

 

LINK to Friday's Fave Five host blog

1. We finally got the brush cut down to make a pathway for our UTV to get my folks (and others) down to see the creek on our property.  You should have seen me helping on Wednesday.  Brush cutting and stacking will never be my career, and I couldn't do too much because of back and knee issues, but I could help some.

2. We took them yesterday to see the creek and they both enjoyed it very much.


3. No more pressure to go pick blueberries.  :-)  That's a shame in a way, because we got fewer than two gallons this year (compared to almost 40 last year), but I'm also glad to be rid of the feeling of "I need to go check the blueberry bushes."  I attempted to pick on Wednesday and got a total of 17 berries.  I'd say that that means the season is done.  :-)

4. I had more time to read this week, and finished two good books - Speaking for Myself by Sarah Huckabee Sanders, and The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, which I've heard of for years, and never read.  People were right - it is a good read.  I love having the time to read a really good book that is hard to put down.

5. Two more weeks of freedom before the inevitable.  I go back to work on August 3, but I plan to enjoy these next two weeks as much as possible!!


6 comments:

Susanne said...

Hi Ann: Replied to your comment thru email but don't know if it will reach you as you comment as anonymous because of the issues and I can't find your profile and email here so I'll leave the comment here too. Feel free to delete this if you do receive it in your email.

Hi Ann. I hope this email gets to you. I have an issue with commenting too, ever since my email server hooked up with gmail. They set up a temporary email address and then migrated all my stuff over to gmail. But the blogger stuff screwed up somewhere along the way (because blogger was taken over by google a few years ago) and the only way I can comment on blogs is to use the supposedly temporary email address registered with google, not my regular email address. For some reason that would not change over no matter how many techs I talked to or hours spent trying to change it. So now I have to have 2 google accounts: one with my regular email address and one with the migrating temporary address. It caused me no amount of stress cause it locked me out of blogger until we figured it out and of course I no longer remember my password having set it up sooooo many years ago. Maybe that is a similar issue for you?

Susanne said...

That sounds like lots of hard work to clear a path. Glad you got it all done and you were able to enjoy getting to the creek. Too bad about the blueberry season being done. Enjoy your last weeks of holiday!

Barbara Harper said...

I don't think I'd be very good at brush cutting and stacking, either. But it's nice to have it done! Glad your folks could enjoy the creek. I know what you mean about it being nice to be done with blueberries, yet wishing there were more.

I loved the Guernsey book! The film is good, too, as I recall--maybe a bit of language, as the book also has. Of course, some things are changed up from the book. But it's still good--my husband also enjoyed the movie though he hadn't read the book.

Wow--only two more weeks off! Hope they're fun!

Faith said...

Oh i just LOVED LOVED LOVED that book AND the movie when It was on NEtflix. Glad you're enjoying it. It's sooooo good!! Even my husband loved the movie but he didn't read the book. (he usually only likes classics, or science fiction/fantasy).

blueberry season is in full swing here....i eat them right off the bush when i hike in the Adirondacks unless the bears have gotten to them first.

Glad you could clear a pathway down to your creek! hard work but definitely worth it I'm guessing.

Enjoy the weekend!!

Wendy said...

Hi Ann, I also had problems commenting on blogger accounts but I found using a different browser worked. I was using Firefox but now I'm using Microsoft Edge when looking at blogs and I can leave comments ok. I loved the Potato Pie book too and the film. Glad you got the clearing done. Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Willow said...

Blueberries! I love blueberries! I will have to find out quickly if there is a u-pick place around here.
I think I would love your farm. I love any kind of outdoor activity, so I'd be down there cutting brush with you. Would love to see pictures of the creek!
Enjoy these last two weeks of freedom! (How well I remember...)