Friday, August 15, 2008

Open House - New School Year

Well, open house is tonight and the school year starts again on Monday. So my time for completing a thought about anything other than "What do I have to get done next?" is over. I relaxed more this summer than for years. With both offspring driving I did not spend my summer carting people all over the place, and it was nice. I was also able to be at home alone more than in the past.

But now my room is done, and five sets of lesson plans are in place for next week, and tonight I will meet new students and welcome old students back and just generally be gushy. I can do that just fine, but it's not as easy as it used to be.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You all are starting earlier than we are -- we start next week.

Bet said...

I know what you mean about it not being as easy as it used to be.

I like the sound of your summer. I really don't feel that I got the rest that I was hoping for this summer. I'm seriously thinking of not working next summer. Maybe.

Barry Cater said...

What was it like being Dr. Wilkins' last open house??

Ann said...

It wasn't really any different than any other open house. He didn't introduce the new man until after we teachers had left.