Sunday, January 10, 2010

What a Weekend

It's Sunday night and I'm wondering where my weekend went? It was extremely busy but it was VERY good - the whole thing.
-
Friday night was homecoming, and though I didn't have my own children involved this year, I was there as a teacher, and it's always a nice night to see the many graduates who return. It was also nice to see my blogging friend Barbara again - her son plays on one of the teams that we played. We catch up once a year in person at one of the games our teams play.
-
Saturday my cousin and her husband stopped by to see us on their way to preach in Atlanta on Sunday. I'm always glad to see family and friends from Illinois. I realize that we are way off the "beaten path" for them and so don't take it for granted when they make the effort to come see us!

Mike, Ann, Cathy, Tim
-
Then this morning Andrew's drama team held their first service of the semester here at our church. They did a wonderful job - the program was excellent and people were moved. And three of Mike's sisters (along with four children) came to see Andrew in the service! We were so glad to have them. They came to our house to eat lasagna afterward, along with the team, so I served 14 for Sunday dinner.

Andrew and his team.

-

These young people and their team leaders (on the right) will get to know each other VERY well this semester! Fortunately they seem to have a real "chemistry" and get along quite well. They start on the road on Wednesday for four months. What a great experience for all of them.

-

Anyway - that was my busy, busy weekend. Not much down time, but worth it.

2 comments:

Barbara H. said...

Wow, you did have a busy weekend! It was good to see you! We were wondering how we always end up there for homecoming!

I think the drama team is my favorite of the teams. I hope Andrew and the rest of them have a great semester.

Beth said...

Hi Ann--Happened to see your recent post about the drama team. My son, Stephen, was also on one several years ago; he still talks about it as a great experience! As well, I'm guessing the leader is Larry Nagengast's son? Also, I'm going to be "grandma" in July 2010! Can you believe that?