Monday, April 4, 2011

Monday Morning Misc.

And when do I ever get a chance to do a leisurely Monday morning post? During SPRING BREAK!!!

--ML came home Friday night and went turkey hunting with her dad on Saturday morning. They didn't get anything but saw a lot. Best line of the day? ML: "We were sitting under some trees in the middle of the day and I dozed off. I woke up and thought 'Dad will be mad at me for sleeping.' I looked over at him - and he was dozed off himself."


--Andrew came through both Saturday and Sunday, headed to south Georgia to meet the quartet for a concert and then returning. Saturday there was nothing to eat here at the time. His solution? "I'm going to Grandma and Papa's house." As you would expect, she fed him well. Last night he was here and then realized his pass lasted until this morning, so he spent the night. I fixed eggs and grits for him before he left to make a 9:00 class.


--I made fried wild turkey breast yesterday for lunch. It really does taste just like chicken - does not have the wild gamey taste of venison that is not, as Mike would assert, "just in my head."


--Had a yard sale with my folks on Saturday. Mike says an $80 sale is not worth all the work. He may have a point. But it was fun. I did, however, promise not to have any more. After all, he's the one that has to lug the tables back and forth.
This refuses to split into paragraphs and I don't intend to spend any more time trying to get it to. EDIT 4/6: I figured it out!

No comments: