Link to Friday's Fave Five host blog.
1. I had a very productive week. It is a nice feeling to leave school on Friday afternoon and feel like it was a good week. The younger grades are getting sentence structure, and in the older grades we are tackling Julius Caesar, The Scarlet Letter, and Hamlet respectively. All those book reports are graded and returned. I even had time to clean the glass top of my desk with window cleaner this afternoon. Hey, you could even see the top of the desk! That in itself is the mark of a good week.
2. Mike had breakfast ready for me every morning this week at 6:30. Eggs, some sort of meat (bacon, ham, or sausage), toast, and sliced tomatoes and cantaloupe. Every single morning. I think I'll keep him.
3. My dad has been coming to help me at school with taping the edges and spines of paperback books to make them last longer. It's been a huge help.
4. Everything has worked out for us to go to a conference we really want to attend next weekend, including Mike getting off work.
5. Daughter has had a great week student teaching. She is only in the elementary classroom two days a week this semester (fulltime second semester) and she hates to be back in her college classes the other days because she misses so much. The heart of a teacher. . .