Friday, September 20, 2013

Friday's Fave Five, 9/20/13

Link to Friday's Fave Five host blog.

1. I had a very productive week.  It is a nice feeling to leave school on Friday afternoon and feel like it was a good week.  The younger grades are getting sentence structure, and in the older grades we are tackling Julius Caesar, The Scarlet Letter, and Hamlet respectively.  All those book reports are graded and returned.  I even had time to clean the glass top of my desk with window cleaner this afternoon.  Hey, you could even see the top of the desk!  That in itself is the mark of a good week.

2. Mike had breakfast ready for me every morning this week at 6:30.  Eggs, some sort of meat (bacon, ham, or sausage), toast, and sliced tomatoes and cantaloupe.  Every single morning.  I think I'll keep him.

3. My dad has been coming to help me at school with taping the edges and spines of paperback books to make them last longer.  It's been a huge help.

4. Everything has worked out for us to go to a conference we really want to attend next weekend, including Mike getting off work.

5. Daughter has had a great week student teaching.  She is only in the elementary classroom two days a week this semester (fulltime second semester) and she hates to be back in her college classes the other days because she misses so much.  The heart of a teacher. . .

4 comments:

Faith said...

Wow! Eggs every a.m????? I wish I could but I don't think my cholesterol levels would like that. I love that your husband cooks breakfast for you, though! Mmmm.....and fresh fruit like cantaloupe is a fave of mine, too! I love being back in the classroom although I do miss my summer days of leisure. Enjoy the weekend!

Barbara H. said...

That's very nice of your husband!

It does feel great to end the work week feeling productive and knowing things are finished.

Glad the conference details worked out - have fun!

Willow said...

Hubbies who cook-- that's a great bonus (mine does too).

I expect that you are enjoying that conference as I am writing this. I hope you're having a great time!

Susanne said...

Yum, I love breakfasts that someone else cooks!

Sweet that your Dad has been helping you in the class with the fixing of books.

Enjoy that conference!