Link to Friday's Fave Five host blog.
1. This first Friday's Fave Five is a little different. Sometimes a blogger wonders if people actually read her blog or if it's really just serving as a personal journal. Well, last Saturday in the store, I ran into my dear friend and former colleague Barbie, and we were having one of those grocery-aisle chats - when she said "I always enjoy seeing if you put up a Friday's Fave Five each week." Well, Barbie - here's FFF, and here's a shout-out to you. I appreciate you!!! :-)
2. We had to go to the dentist this week in Greenville, and stopped at a new restaurant afterward. It was an Italian restaurant - I'm not always crazy about Italian (except for Carrabba's) :-) but this was great!!
3. Also at the dentist - I was expecting to hear I needed a crown, and maybe even a root canal, on a cracked tooth. Turns out it is cracked at a filling line, and the dentist thinks he can fix it by refilling it. That's a wonderful relief.
4. Monday night we made a quick trip to the farm ponds that are a main area for birdwatching in our area. It turned out to be too late to see the goose that was supposed to be there, but Mike said "Let's stay and see the ducks go to roost." I've never seen anything like that before. It happens right at dusk, and the flock rises as one. There were three separate flocks on the pond, so they flew up separately. Who knows what the trigger is - maybe an alpha male, or something we don't know. Anyway - they fly up in a big circle, and then fly to whereever their roosting place is for the night. It was beautiful!!
5. And - great news that I just got - Mike passed his annual exam!! He completed it a couple of hours ago, and it's always a big relief to get that text from him that says "I passed!!" It's a huge deal. A four-hour-long test. His study materials filled one and a half copy-paper boxes. I'm very proud of him for his success at it!