I've been gone so long - a lot has happened - but here are at least the last couple of weeks, if not just this one.
1. I am finally about over a month's worth of illness - I think. Two head colds, back to back, with a sinus infection and bronchitis thrown in. Still have an occasional cough, but for the most part it's over with.
|The pool in better days|
2. It is the end of an era at our house. The pool is going to be gone. (How do you say that? The pool is being torn down? Demolished?) "Filled in" will do. Mike has wanted to get rid of it for a long time, and I finally signed on. It was great when the kids were at home, and younger, and would have their friends over. But it has gotten very little use in the past few years. It needed a lot of work. Even though the liner was newer, the edging was cracking, the fence needed replacing. . .it was just in bad shape. The fence will be torn down and all the cement heaved into the pool next week.
|The pool after Mike tore the lining out this week|
We will cover it with a patio, eventually, with a fire pit, and it will be a nice place. And an added bonus is that we will be able to see all the way to the back of the property.
This evening Mike started tearing down the fence. I don't have a pic of that. Still hard to believe it is coming down. And it makes me a little sad--just because of memories.
3. A couple of Sundays ago, the Calvary Quartet came to sing at our church. We are a little bit partial to the first tenor, who is standing on the right. :-) They did a good job and it was a very nice evening. I tried to get a video to post on here, but it's too large. And the last time I tried to change the number of megabytes on a video, it ended up being larger than before.
4. Yesterday I came home from work to find a box with four of these gems in it, from my dear aunt in Illinois who knows I love them. They are from a store in her area that makes the. best. caramel. apples. you've. ever. eaten. Thank you Aunt Ada!!
5. I had a great workout at the gym today. Plenty of energy, and I got in four miles on the piece of equipment that really strengthens my bad knee. I need to keep going regularly.
P.S. - Go Cubs!!!