LINK to Friday's Fave Five host blog.
1. Son is MOVED OUT into his own apartment. Mike helped him last Friday; they worked like troupers and were done by noon. It is in a nice complex, and they are on the back side, where their view is of grassy areas and woods, which is nicer than looking out over a parking lot. We went over in the evening to see how it looks, and they are getting things in order. He will live there until the wedding, and it will then be their first home.
And this is what his old room at home looks like now!! Renovations to come...
2. An impromptu trip to a baseball game on Saturday. Mike works this weekend and next, so we decided fairly suddenly to make the trip to Columbia to see his beloved Gamecocks play baseball. It was the first time I had been in Founders' Park - it is a beautiful baseball stadium, and we had a very nice Saturday going to the game.
3. Daughter passed a very important evaluation this week at her job!!
4. Today is the Fine Arts Festival for our school, and I am NOT making the trip - the first time in four years. As much as I love the kids, and watching them perform, it is a relief not to go this year. It is a huge day - leave at 5:30 a.m., ride a bus for two hours, watch students perform and go to awards ceremonies all day, leave about 6:30, stop for supper, and get home around 10 p.m. I do not have any groups performing this year, so another teacher is going instead to be the "long arm of the law" with the students. So I instead get to work at school (no classes - most students are going) and do a little substituting for an elementary teacher instead. It is a relief to have a year off.
4. I have all the junior research papers and all the senior journals graded, and during today's workday I will finish the senior career projects. I want them DONE and off my mind. It's a good feeling to get all the paperwork done.