LINK to Friday's Fave Five host blog
I hesitated on which picture to put at the top of this post. The week has been beautiful - temps around 70, some rain but a lot of sunshine. But by Sunday we are to have cold rains and temps no higher than the 40s. I told someone today that springtime is a great time - it would just be nice if it would follow winter this year.
1. After about ten days of sickness, I am finally at about 85%. After writing last week's FFF, I was back down for the count for the entire weekend. No fever, just debilitating cough and the accompanying exhaustion. It is a slow process, but we are getting there.
2. Dad is a lot better. He is home from the 2nd hospital stay. He has a ways to go to get energy back, but he is doing well.
3. Mike has been off. This week, he took Dad & Mom to an appointment, blew out their garage, cooked breakfast four mornings out of five, did laundry, dusted, and just generally kept up with things around here. He is a keeper.
4. Hats. For whatever reason, I've gotten crazy about making loom hats. I especially like doing them now that I've figured out how to make a nice brim with a purl stitch along with a regular knitted stitch (see red hat at left and hat in the single picture). Mike asks what all these hats are for - I don't know but know that the reason will be clear at the right time. For now, it's just fun to make hats.
5. These little goodies. I am notorious for throwing out wildflower seed every spring and then doing absolutely nothing to nurture anything. And usually nothing happens. However, an entire bed is filling up right now with these little beauties, which must be left over from a previous year of seed-throwing. They'll be doing well to survive our cold weather this weekend. But it's kinda fun to see something happen after all those years of just tossing seed out.