LINK to Friday's Fave Five host blog
1. Strawberries are in full force. My parents have provided several baskets for me - when they go to get some, they ask if I want some also. And I have put a lot of small bags in the freezer because of a new smoothie maker - much simpler than getting out the blender and putting it together, then taking it apart and washing it. My current favorite smoothie recipe: 1 small cup plain Greek yogurt (I've been using Chobani brand), about 10 strawberries, partially thawed, a splash of orange juice, and a couple of packets of Splenda. Very nourishing, very low calorie, and very delicious!
2. Small Paul spoke in our school chapels on Wednesday. Anyone who knows him knows that he is decidedly NOT small - he is about 6' 7". He is a wonderful chalk artist, and our students have looked forward to his trips to our school for over 25 years. I have corresponded with his wife a little bit (they are now missionaries to South Africa), and it was nice to talk with her. Their website is www.drawingotherstochrist.com.
3. House is coming along. This week involved a few setbacks - neither the tile man, nor the man who is fixing the kitchen cabinet for the 2" too tall new refrigerator, could come as planned. But next week much should be accomplished. And as of this week, we do have new doorbells and new garage door openers.
4. Mike had an MRI on his shoulder this week. The orthopedist is out of the office right now, so he doesn't see him until week after next. THEN we schedule surgery. The wheels of medicine grind V-E-R-Y S-L-O-W-L-Y!!
5. And finally - look what I got at school this afternoon!!! Thank you, Mike, for my Mother's Day surprise!