Monday, March 30, 2020

Low-Carb Chocolate Cheesecake

Everyone who tastes this raves over it.  It's one of those experiments that worked out - unlike the ones that are epic fails.

The crust is what makes it so, so good, although the filling is wonderful also.  So here goes - I hope this is just as good for anyone who tries it.

CRUST:  The proportions actually make too much for one pie plate.  I usually fill a pie plate with about 2/3 of the mixture, then put the rest in a smaller Pyrex pan which I later fill with another recipe of filling.

This is a variation on the great lemon cheesecake recipe sent by my cousin.  I like that one the way it is written - will post it sometime - but like this version also (even though I've made it more complicated).


LOW CARB CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE

1 1/2 cups pecans - measure and then chop fairly fine in food processor.
1 stick butter, melted
1/4 cup Stevia or your choice of sweetener
1 tsp. vanilla
Dash salt
Approx. 1/4 cup almond flour - may need a little more to make a good crust consistency.  If crust is too crumbly to easily pat into pan, you can add melted butter a tablespoon at a time.

Pat into a Pyrex pie pan and another smaller Pyrex or other baking pan.  Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.  The smell coming from the oven will be wonderful.

FILLING for one pan:
1 8-oz. bar cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Chocolate Milk - No Sugar Added variety
1 package sugar free chocolate pudding mix
1/4 cup sweetener
1/2 cup cream or half and half
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix together with an electric mixer.  This thickens very quickly.  Spread over crust.  Shave some dark chocolate over it if you desire - just a tiny bit, enough to look like a garnish.  Put in refrigerator for a couple of hours.

My husband cannot get enough of this.  He keeps saying - Are you SURE it's low-carb?  Yes, I'm sure.

I hope it's just as good for anyone who tries it.

1 comment:

Barbara Harper said...

It looks good! I'd try it if my husband wasn't allergic to pecans and almonds.