LINK to Friday's Fave Five Host Blog
1. Forgot this last week. Mike was able to select a retirement gift from his job - he had about 20 choices. We very much needed the knives, and they came in a set with something I've wanted for years--a Kitchen Aid mixer! I have not used it yet, but will soon. I feel kinda bad, his choosing a retirement gift that was something I want - but don't feel so bad as not to use it. :-)
2. And this is a clean porch. We have a lot of trouble every spring with pine pollen, which blows in through the screens for several weeks, and has been so bad the past few years that we can't even use the porch much in the spring. Today we took all the furniture outside, hosed it and the cushions off, and swept and hosed down the porch floor. We will really enjoy it now that it is cleaned out.
3. I had lost a set of sheets - my favorite ones. They are dark red and are very comfortable, but I could not find them anywhere. (Confession: I blamed one of my kids, thinking the sheets had maybe "walked out the door" without my knowledge.) :-) Well, during an extensive clean-out of the linen closet, I discovered them at the back of a shelf, not the one that sheets are kept on. I just now put them on the bed for the first time in several years. Nice to have found them.
4. Baseball--baseball--baseball. We love college baseball, and this is the weekend of the Super Regionals. This weekend, and for the next couple of weeks of the College World Series, we will have the opportunity to get a glut of it.
5. I love to watch and photograph birds, and got this shot this week. An indigo bunting against the leaves. It takes about a hundred bad shots to get a good one, but it is very nice to get that nice one once in awhile.